Consider Hosting An AmeriCorps Member | See Details
AmeriCorps & CEDAM
80,000 Americans use AmeriCorps National Community Service programs to give back to their communities every year. During their service, members receive invaluable professional development in the nonprofit sector, an education award matching the Pell grant and a living allowance.
AmeriCorps programs do more than move communities forward; they serve their members by creating jobs and providing pathways to opportunity for people entering the nonprofit field. AmeriCorps places thousands of Americans into intensive service positions where they learn valuable work skills, earn money for education, and develop an appreciation for citizenship.
See CEDAM’s AmeriCorps programs below or visit the Corporation for National & Community Service for more information about other service opportunities.
CEDAM’s AmeriCorps State
CEDAM’s AmeriCorps State program was created to combat the unfortunate truth that 40% of Michigan households struggle to afford the basic necessities of housing, childcare, food, health care and transportation. The MFOC works in partnership with 15 organizations across Michigan to place 24 AmeriCorps members.
AmeriCorps State members build financial stability through…
- Leading money-management workshops in communities.
- Bridging the gap between people and available financial resources.
- Guiding homeowners in preventing foreclosure.
- Coordinating free tax assistance services.
CEDAM’s AmeriCorps VISTA
CEDAM also hosts a ten-member AmeriCorps VISTA program. The VISTA program’s members provide capacity building to organizations by expanding on existing programming or creating a new program from the ground up.
Members serving in the VISTA program address rural poverty through…
- Building the capacity of local community organizations.
- Enhancing growth in downtown districts.
- Designing programs that support educational success.
- Engaging resources and volunteers to support the community.