Communications Internship Available
The Community Economic Development Association of Michigan (CEDAM) is a nonprofit membership organization that represents hundreds of individuals and organizations committed to revitalizing and rebuilding Michigan through community economic development. Read our story.
CEDAM is currently seeking a part-time Communications Intern with strong verbal and written communication skills to assist with a variety of communications and marketing-oriented tasks. Potential position duties include assisting with the following:
- Assist with creation of printed and electronic communications to members, including newsletters, e-newsletters, brochures and special reports;
- Assist with indirect communication to members, such as through social media, blogging and development and updating of websites and online resources;
- Assist with other membership communications, such as direct communications via telephone, mail or in person with members;
- Assist with some event planning, such as for conferences, meetings and other events; and
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This position would be ideal for someone with an interest in honing their communications skills through working with an active trade association. An interest in community economic development, rural development, public policy, non-profit management or a combination of such interests is desired.
Interns should be available for approximately 15-20 hours of work per week. Hours can be flexible. A stipend will be available. Interns will have the opportunity to attend various events and to do some in-state travel. CEDAM anticipates that this internship may be available for long-term and may have the potential of converting into a part-time work assignment.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to:
1118 S. Washington
Lansing, MI 48910