The Dickinson Area Economic Development Alliance (DAEDA) seeks a highly motivated and bright Director in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
As DAEDA’s Director, you are a dynamic community leader bringing vision to and collaborating with public officials, private enterprise and community groups. You possess thorough knowledge of economic development planning and aptly, are a strategic leader who can motivate public and private sectors on challenges facing this region. To be successful in this dynamic role, it will be critical for you to influence, build relationships and persistently explore and uncover new partnership opportunities that benefit the businesses of Dickinson County. This position reports to the DAEDA Board of Directors.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR.
- Develop strategic plans, including an operating budget, based on the economic needs of the area surrounding Dickinson County.
- Network with local, state, regional and national organizations, local employers, schools, and social organizations to establish effective working relationships and identify/support economic development opportunities.
- Conduct business retention visits and associated follow-up efforts with existing companies in support of their program, incentive and financial needs.
- Create bylaws/governance committee to establish principles for operation.
- Establish working committees to meet strategic goals for Workforce Development, Infrastructure Improvement, Marketing and Branding.
- Design and manage the Dickinson Area Economic Development Alliance website to attract talent, potential developers, and showcase offerings of the Dickinson County area.
- Conduct research and analyze data in support of business and economic development efforts.
- Understand/monitor local, state & federal legislation relating to business & economic development.
- Represent DAEDA at a variety of events.
- Present to community groups, public officials, and private enterprise, as needed.
- Collaborate with Board to prepare annual budget, financial records, and maintain accountability.
- Communicate regularly with the DAEDA Board of Trustees and other stakeholders.
SALARY/BENEFITS. $70,000 – $90,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, along with a comprehensive benefit package and incentive plan.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE IDEAL CANDIDATE.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business management, public administration, finance, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience in a leadership position.
- At least 5 years’ proven experience in economic/business development, preferred.
- Experience with finance, budgeting, long-term management planning, and maintaining accountability.
- Proven ability to open doors, network, and forge relationships.
- Excellent listening, communication, presentation, problem solving, and time management skills with a record of sound business logic.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary.
- Willingness and ability to relocate to the Dickinson County area.
APPLICATIONS TAKEN ONLINE AT daeda.sdsjobs.com
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US AT dickinsoncountyeda.weebly.com