Church of Messiah Housing Corporation is seeking an Executive Director to manage its operations. Messiah Housing Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization whose principle mission is to provide affordable housing as well as commercial and economic development projects to revitalize the lslandview community located on the Eastside of Detroit. Currently Messiah’s real estate portfolio consists of over 200 units of affordable housing, with current development plans to create an additional 40 units as well as a commercial mixed use project. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors and has full responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the organization. Ideal applicants will have real estate development experience and some familiarity with property management. Candidates must be able to collaborate with a broad spectrum of stakeholders at every level of business and government. The Executive Director works closely with the Board to develop the organization’s strategic plan, annual work plans and to plan and execute Messiah’s fundraising activities, including direct mail, major gifts, grant research and writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, urban planning, or a related field. Master’s degree
- Minimum five years experience as Executive Director of a non profit corporation
- Advanced knowledge ad experience of community-based planning and development issues
- Knowledge of financing tools used in affordable housing programs including but not limited to Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HOME and CDBG
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents of the community, government officials, civic organizations, private businesses, corporations, the media and the general
- Proven track record in fund development including grant writing, direct fund raising and conducting fundraising events
- Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
To receive a complete job description, please contact Janice Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org or a 313-267-1010.