Position Description: Manager of Financial Empowerment Initiatives
The Community Economic Development Association of Michigan (CEDAM) is a nonprofit association of community development corporations (CDCs), individuals and other organizations interested in promoting and expanding community-based economic development across Michigan.
CEDAM is seeking an outstanding candidate to serve as its Manager of Financial Empowerment Initiatives. The Manager of Financial Empowerment Initiatives oversees the execution of all training and technical assistance activities supporting financial capability programs implemented by CEDAM members. This includes support for financial coaching and counseling, child savings and youth financial capability programs. The Manager also leads execution of Show Me the Money Day and the Michigan Financial Empowerment Summit.
This is a full-time position located in Lansing. The position duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing the team dedicated to executing CEDAM’s financial empowerment initiatives, including:
- Child Savings Program Initiative, providing support to communities in Michigan developing and implementing child savings programs;
- Show Me the Money Day, an annual tax time kickoff and financial resource event series reaching 30+ communities and thousands of Michigan residents;
- Financial Empowerment Summit, the premier annual training and networking event for practitioners, advocates and funders supporting financial empowerment efforts in Michigan; and
- Financial Educators, Coaches and Counselors Network, a collaborative effort of statewide organizations focused on supporting practitioners providing financial education, coaching and counseling services;
- Providing technical assistance for nonprofit and local government partners implementing financial empowerment strategies, including financial counseling, child savings accounts and youth financial education;
- Sharing expertise in financial empowerment program design and evaluation to aid other CEDAM programs;
- Supporting grant seeking, writing and management activities for funding sources dedicated to CEDAM’s financial empowerment initiatives, including private foundation grants and corporate sponsorships; and
- Assisting with special projects and other duties as assigned.
The appropriate candidate will have a strong interest and background in community economic development, child development, financial empowerment, training or a combination of the aforementioned. The appropriate candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to work within a team or as an individual and be familiar with the Microsoft Office suite and Google Applications. Candidates require a Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field and a minimum of two years of experience in a related field.
This is a full-time position based in Lansing requiring some evening, weekend and overnight travel. A comprehensive benefits package is available.
Please send a resume, references and a personalized cover letter including salary requirements to Jamie Schriner, Executive Director, at Jamie@cedam.info or to 1118 S. Washington Ave., Lansing, MI 48910.