Church of the Messiah Housing Corporation is seeking a Part-Time Bookkeeper to handle basic bookkeeping activities of the corporation.
Objectives: Assist by handling administrative and basic bookkeeping activities of the corporation and the limited housing partnerships managed by the corporation. These activities shall be executed in accordance with identified corporate goals to obtain optimum efficiency, economy of operation, and maximum service to tenants and communities served
- Responsible for recording all corporate and property management income (including tenant rents) and cash receipts into QuickBooks or YARDI Beacon Software.
- Responsible for recording vendor bills and other payables into computerized QuickBooks Accounting or YARDI Beacon software systems and printing/maintaining accounts payable reports.
- Responsible to reconcile YARDI Beacon weekly summaries of tenant rent and move-in deposits with checks and cash received from property manager.
- Responsible for billing residents for damages or charges incurred as directed by Property Manager
- Responsible to resolve billing errors or disputes with tenants by providing detailed account statements
- Responsible to daily file all copies of all paid invoices with attached copy of employer’s check remittance
- Responsible for maintaining and updating charge-backs to tenants for gas, electric, and telephone charges to facilitate collections
- Responsible to type various reports and forms as directed by supervisor
- Responsible for shredding all unused or unneeded financial printouts and maintain confidentiality regarding corporate finances
- Responsible to perform all other work duties as directed by supervisor
Required Job Qualifications:
Candidate must have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in similar job position
- Demonstrated proficiency with spread sheet and word processing software programs
- Physical and mental ability to work part-time and perform all work tasks required
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license issued from the State of Michigan
- Mathematical Skills including:
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts including fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Reasoning Skills including:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Church of the Messiah Housing Corporation’s (CMHC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, or handicap.
Interested persons must submit a resume to:
Church of the Messiah Housing Corporation
231 E. Grand Boulevard
Detroit, MI 48207
Attn: Janice Washington, Asset Manager
By e-mail to: email@example.com
Drug screen and reference check required.
Application deadline: August 15, 2017