The City of Lansing Planning and Neighborhood Development Department is seeking a full-time Plan Review Analyst to join their professional team to examine all plans for building permits to ensure compliance with applicable codes. This is a great opportunity for those seeking to use their knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of modern architecture and structural design. The City of Lansing offers a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, vision, dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviews site plans as part of the site plan review process for additions and new buildings for compliance with the building code
- Makes regular inspections to sites which require the ability to stoop, bend and crawl through spaces in order to examine and test mechanical equipment
- Performs writing reports regarding plan review activities
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or a related field
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Two (2) years of construction experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Eligibility requirements in accordance with Public Act #407 of 2016 for registration as a provisional Plan Reviewer [must make application within (30) days of notification of selection for this position. Registration as a Plan Reviewer must be retained for the entire course of employment in this position.
- Must possess and maintain either a Michigan Residential Builder or Residential Alterations Contractor License or a journey level license in one of the trade occupations (plumbing, mechanical or electrical)
Deadline: November 3, 2017
Please visit the City of Lansing to review posting.