PART TIME – PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Firecracker Foundation
The Firecracker Foundation is a 501(c)3 charity with the mission of honoring the bravery of children who have survived sexual trauma with a community invested in the healing of their whole being.
Description of Responsibilities: As the Program Coordinator of the high quality, holistic healing services provided to child survivors of sexual trauma and their families in the Eaton, Ingham and Clinton county, you will provide the leadership, coordination and development of the Mental Health Therapy, Trauma Sensitive Yoga and Pediatric Medical Advocacy Program of The Firecracker Foundation. The position assists with ensuring collaboration between all partner agencies and members of the Capital Area Sexual Assault Response Team (CASART). While The Firecracker Foundation is primarily active in Ingham County alone, the Program Coordinator will assist the Executive Director in expanding program delivery into Eaton and Clinton County. Reports to the Executive Director.
Time Commitment: 30 hours/week.
Compensation: Non-exempt part-time, $15 per hr.
Primary Job Duties Include:
- Coordinate scheduled program sessions and increase enrollment by communicating effectively with area partner agencies, current and new clientele.
- Participate in the development of the process of evaluating the foundation’s program activities.
- Assist the Executive Director in program oversight and management of contracted therapists, yoga instructors and agencies to include attendance at meetings as needed.
- Adhere to HIPAA Compliance standards and protect the confidential records of all foundation clients.
- Support the Advocacy Committee in the continued development, evaluation and implementation of the Pediatric Medical Advocacy Program.
- Attend all Program Development Committee and Advocacy Committee meetings to provide support and organizational insight to volunteers working to improve foundation programs.
- Assist the Executive Director in the collection of timely reports for all program components.
- Provide on call back up crisis support to the Pediatric Medical Advocacy Team as needed.
- Provide leadership and facilitation in the development and implementation of all program related policies and protocols.
The ideal candidate is a multi-skilled self-starter, independent worker and problem solver who is energized by the unique opportunity to grow with the position, furthering their learning, expanding their skill set and building community in the work place.
- 2- 5 years experience working within the Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Advocacy Movement
- Organized and detail oriented
- Experience with Salesforce a plus, not required
- Proven initiative and accountability
- Able to multi-task and maintain status on related projects
- Flexible, compatible and able to work with interruptions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient, tactful, pleasant, firm and patient
- Adaptability and desire to increase knowledge and skills
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Program Coordinator. Please visit www.thefirecrackerfoundation.org for more information. DHS Clearance, background checks and participation in the foundation’s basic volunteer training required.
The Foundation shall employ/engage persons and make employment/recruitment decisions without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, orientation, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV, height, weight, misdemeanor arrest record, individuals with disabilities, or disabled/recently separated/other protected and armed forces service medal veterans.