The Programming director is responsible for planning and executing a wide range of events for the
Old Town community. Along with the Executive Director, you will be responsible for the delivery and
overall success of each program. The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
• Assist with day to day tasks that will keep the OTCA office moving forward
• Help with the selection and management of OTCA interns
• Ability to delegate tasks to committee members and interns
• Act as office support for the community and committee members
• Attends monthly event meetings
• Attends monthly board meetings
• Initiating and setting goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
• Planning the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
• Working with committees to plan, organize and execute organization events
• Keep committees and the OTCA board informed on all aspects of each event (financials, logistics
and any unforeseen changes, etc.)
• Completes each event application process from start to finish at least 3 months prior to each event
• Ensure program operations and activities predetermined expectations; legally and internally
Skills and Requirements
• Previous experience in event planning and management
• Experience in working with nonprofits and budget constraints
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Events, Business or other related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, data entry and communication
• Excellent organizational, leadership and communication skills
This position will pay $12.00-$14.00 per hour based on candidate experience.
Reports directly to the Executive Director
Please send Cover Letter, Resume and References to email@example.com.
Applications are due no later than Monday, June 12th @ 8am.
1232 Turner St
Lansing, MI 48906