POSITION: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
To efficiently, effectively, and courteously provide “first responder” service to all incoming inquiries (by phone or in person); to proactively support other administrative, service delivery, and fundraising positions as assigned and needed for the advancement of the organizational mission.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The focus of this job incorporates both front desk receptionist and other administrative duties as a part of a team. Receptionist duties primarily include the processing and resolution of all office incoming calls, greeting of visitors, maintenance of office supplies at workable levels, and keeping pertinent filing current on a daily basis. Administrative functions may include the provision of support for activities related to agency operations, fundraising events, and service delivery. An ability to quickly develop and continually grow a working knowledge of Agency operations is critical to the ability to meet this position’s objectives as the level of responsibility is expected to grow over time as experience allows.
This position requires the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and maintain and input accurate data. It requires an individual who is detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and has the ability to work with limited supervision.
TYPICAL RECEPTION DUTIES PERFORMED:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all who contact/inquire via phone or in person.
- Answer multiple phone lines, personally handle initial inquiries or properly refer them to others, relay messages as needed, etc.
- General maintenance, organization, and stocking of the reception/welcome area; filing and file room maintenance; coordination and maintenance of copies and copy/mail room.
- Other tasks as necessary.
TYPICAL ADMINSTRATIVE DUTIES PERFORMED:
- Support management staff, including CEO, in the administration of their responsibilities.
- Assist service deliver staff with appointment reminder calls, paperwork completion, background checks, and other necessary tasks as needed.
- Support fundraising events and match activities through information input, organization, and retrieval.
- Creation of necessary documents and other materials as needed.
- Typing, data entry, file creation and organization, and other record-keeping as needed.
- Ability to train and supervise volunteer clerical/administrative personnel.
- Other tasks as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be customer service focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly adept at multi-tasking and setting priorities, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must thrive in a team environment and have the ability to work effectively with diverse staff, board, customers, and partners.
- Superior problem solving skills and an ability to work under pressure while delivering effective results and meeting tight deadlines and targets.
- High attention to detail; ability to create and maintain accurate records.
- Professional work traits and demonstrated ability to work with confidential information.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and ability to learn new software platforms quickly.
- Associates degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft products.
- Must possess previous successful customer service and office multi-tasking experience.
- Must have a clean driving record and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a reference and criminal background check.
- Ability to coordinate a myriad of details and duties with varying deadlines to ensure desired outcome and enhance the organization and operation of the Agency.
- Ability to ascertain a customer’s needs and address them effectively and efficiently, and/or defer to another appropriate staff member.
Hours of services:
- Full time hourly position; generally 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., M-F, with occasional evening or weekend as needed for pre-preparation and work attendance for any major BBBS’ event.
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience and fit for this position to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters, A Community of Caring
Regina Miller, Administrative Manager
3501 Covington Road
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
By email ONLY: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled.